To get the right answer, you need to start by asking the right question. Is Hada Labo a good product to use? When it comes to skincare, it's easy to get confused and wonder whether or not they're working for you. “I can’t say if it is good for you or not, in my experience, some of my patients that use it get a good result while some of them just 50-50” advised by our dermatologist, Dr Ingky.
Every dermatologist wants the best for your skin. But they want you to understand what's possible and what isn't. Having realistic expectations is important because hoping for what isn't possible can get your budget and skin out of whack. And changes don’t happen overnight. The truth is that realistic expectations plus a consistent skincare routine are the only way to have the best skin of your life.
To find out just how long you have to use a product before you should start seeing results, we asked Dr Ingky. In general, changes to your skin will take at least a month.
How to determine your skin type?
It all starts with your skin. It’s YOU first, then the product! Know your skin type before choosing skincare products. This is a list that you can refer to before buying products:
- Your skin type: It is oily, dry, normal, sensitive, or a combination of different types? Different areas of your body may require different products.
- Your skin complexion: Do you have pale skin that always burns, but never tans? Do you have skin that burns, but rarely tans? Does your skin freckle, sometimes tans, and burns on occasion? Or is your complexion dark enough that you very rarely burn? People with darker skin tones still need to protect their skin from the sun.
- Your skin concerns: Do you want preventive maintenance to avoid premature ageing? Do you have a skin problem, such as persistent acne and age spots? You may also have large pores, sun damage, facial wrinkles or fine lines that require special attention. Do you have eye puffiness or under-eye bags that will require special care?
- Your personal habits: Are you a smoker? Do you spend a lot of time in the sun? Do you take a daily vitamin? Do you consume a well-balanced diet? All these factors will affect how you should care for your skin.
With this information, you can wisely sort through skincare products to find the ones suited for your specific skin type. As for Hada Labo, it is famously known as a moisturising skin care product and recommended for those who need an additional boost in hydration. According to our dermatologist, Hada Labo's hydrating properties are very good for those with combination skin. Therefore, understanding your skin type is an important first step in discovering the most effective product to take care of your skin. There are five primary skin types:
Understanding your skin type may help you find the right solutions to help achieve your skincare goals. If you’re unsure how to determine your skin type, we’re here to help! There are two ways to help you determine your skin type at home.
- The Bare-Face Method
An easy way to determine your skin type is to carefully study your bare skin. You can start by washing your face with a mild foaming cleanser. Then, gently pat dry with a soft towel and refrain from applying any skincare products. After 25-30 minutes, observe your skin. What does it look like? Does it appear shiny on your cheeks and t-zone? You might have oily skin. Or, does your skin feel tight and have flaky areas? You might have dry skin. If you see an unbalanced mix of oiliness and dryness, you most likely have combination skin.
- The Blotting Sheet Method
Another way to determine your skin type at home is to press a clean blotting sheet on various spots of your face. Then, hold the sheet up to a light to see how much oil was absorbed. Your skin type will generally be dependent on how much oil is visible, meaning the more oil on the paper, the more likely you have oily skin. If there is little to no oil visible, you most likely have dry skin. If the blotting sheet reveals minimal oil from your forehead and nose, your skin is probably normal or combination.
Hada Labo is like a treatment product...
Its main purpose is to deeply moisturize the skin, thanks to its high concentration of hyaluronic acid and it is worthy of interest if you like having moisturized skin! However, it’s only possible to achieve your skincare goals only if you make it a routine. Dermatologist would say that results are only seen through consistent use. If you want to know more, we are here to help you! SkynFyx is a platform that provides completely free skincare education. Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries concerning skincare.