Want some expert tips to get that radiant, glowy complexion we see all over Pinterest with the tags 'that girl' and 'clean girl'. Well, look no further, Threebs has got you covered in getting rid of that dull skin. Out with the old, in with the new!
What causes dull skin?
- Lack of hydration- dry skin can take on the appearance of being dull
- Smoking hinder the production of collagen and elastin, speeding up the process of ageing and dullness
- Sun damage can slow the rate of cell turnover, causing dull skin
- Sleep deprivation and stress which increase your cortisol levels, reducing blood flow to your face, leaving it looking dull and sallow
- Environmental factors such as air pollution, low humidity and harsh winds
- A bad diet comprising of a high proportion of salty and processed foods which retain fluids
How to get rid of it?
Step 1: Cleansers
- Avoid harsh and drying cleansers which can lead to flaky, irritated skin
- Double cleanse your face if you are wearing makeup. First use a cleansing oil then follow up with a gentle cleanser.
- Cleanse your face with lukewarm NOT hot water which can strip your skin of its natural oils and dry it out.
- Opt for a moisturising cleanser with ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter or almond oil.
- Cleanse your face twice daily
Step 2: Toners
- Chemical exfoliating toners help to unclog pores and reveal brighter skin underneath and even out your skin's texture.
- Try toners which contain AHAs such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, mandelic acid as well as BHAs such as salicylic acid.
Step 3: Serums
Step 4: Moisturisers
- Use moisturiser twice a day even if you have oily skin
- Try looking for ingredients such as:
Step 5: Sunscreens
- Wear sunscreen daily
- Ensure your sunscreen has UVA and UVB protection and is at least SPF30 to help prevent UV damage including hyperpigmentation and a dull texture