Imagine if someone told you that in just 20 minutes your face will feel transformed- would you believe them? Face masks boast so many benefits such as brightening, hydrating, remove impurities, breakout control, exfoliating and more. With so many face masks to choose from, it can be hard to know which ones work best for you and your skin type, but don’t worry we have compiled the best of the best for you to choose from.
Lifesavers if you have oily skin as clay masks absorbs excess sebum and helps to remove the gunk trapped in your pores. Also great for use as a spot treatment if you are having a bad breakout, helping to calm redness and irritation.
Sleeping and cream masks
These masks leave your skin nourished and refreshed, they tend to focus on hydration, so if you need a quick boost then these are your best bet as they are jam packed with a ton of hydrators compared to your usual moisturiser.
- The INKEY List Tranexamic Acid Overnight Treatment
- COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
- AXIS-Y Mugwort Clarifying Wash Off Pack
- Dermask Shaking Rubber Luminous Shot
Sensitive skin people- STAY AWAY! These masks don’t have any active ingredients as they help remove the topmost layer of dead skin as you peel the dried formula from your face to reveal the baby soft, smooth layer underneath.
These single use sheets are drenched in the best ingredients, there really is one for everyone! They tend to help form those who want a quick hydration or brightness boost. The best sheet masks are made with materials like bio cellulose and hydrogel as they are super absorbent, delivering the highest concentration of active ingredients. Cotton sheet masks are also good, although they don’t always fit the face as well as the above two materials.
- Some By Mi Hyaluronic Moisturising Glow Luminous Ampoule
- Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask
- Some By Mi Tea Tree Calming Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask
Fruits aren’t just for smoothies! These foods are packed with enzymes and antioxidants, perfect for giving you that glow by breaking down dead skin cells. If your dull skin is in need of some exfoliation, this is perfect for brightening!
These are both fun and beneficial! The oxygen pumped into the mask is released when applied to help increase circulation for plump and energised skin, leaving it brighter and hydrated!
Four Important Things To Note
- More is not always better- if the face masks instructs you to leave it on for a certain amount of time, please adhere to it! Applying it for longer than recommended could cause irritation, dryness or increase risks of breakouts.
- Face masks are not a magical solution- clear and healthy skin also depend on your everyday routine, ensuring you are using the right products for your skin type as well as staying consistent. So make sure you also erase all your bad skincare habits in order for face masks to provide an extra boost!
- Although face masks are wonderful, it is important to ensure that if you feel redness, pain when removing the mask, hives, dry/peeling skin or breakouts then this is a red flag and you should stop using it. So ensure you conduct a patch test on a small portion of your skin before using it regularly all over your face.
- Multimasking! If you have combination skin, you will definitely benefit from applying different mask types on different parts of your face. For example if you have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, dry applying a cream mask on your cheeks and a clay/charcoal mask on your T-zone.
- There is no perfect time to use a face mask, usually it is recommended to use them weekly, but your skin may especially need them for these situations:
- After a long flight
- After a gym session
- After a long day at the beach/ outside in the sun
- Before a special event