Not only do pomegranates taste and look good, they also do good for the skin.
Pomegranates have long been claimed as a superfood due to its many health benefits, like lowering blood pressure, aiding digestion and boosting the immune system. But not only are pomegranates beneficial for the body, it also has amazing benefits for the skin, it is a potent antioxidant and great for detoxing the skin.
The name “Pomegranate” originates from the Old French word pomme granate which stands for “seeded apple” but its origins actually come from Persia, or what is now known as Iran. For centuries, pomegranates have been used for in medicinal and beauty practices and is considered a symbol of prosperity, abundance and even fertility.
- Pomegranates are rich in polyphenols (ellegic acid, anthocyains, tannins, flavonoids) that help the skin combat free radicals and environmental threats like UV rays or pollution that can prevent premature aging or skin diseases.
Repairs damaged cells
- Not only does the antioxidants protect the skin, they also simultaneously repair skin cells that are damaged by excessive sun exposure or over-exfoliation. It improves blood circulation and enhances skin healing.
Firms the skin
- Pomegranate firms the skin by promoting collagen and elastin production for plumper skin texture – fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
- The anthocyains in pomegranate function similarly to vitamin c which help even out any discoloration and dullness.
Improves moisture levels
- Pomegranate, particularly pomegranate oil, contains punicic acid (omega 5 fatty acid) and is highly effective for treating dry skin concerns like irritated or cracked skin, and prevents further moisture loss.
- Pomegranate oil can also be used by oily/combination skin as it helps reduce breakouts, lighten scarring and soothe irritations or inflammation caused by active pimples.
What to note?
- Pomegranate does not have a long shelf life due to the antioxidants that can oxidize when in contact with water.
- As with all new ingredients/products, we advise to conduct a patch test prior application.
Products we recommend and where to find them
Working as a toner and exfoliant, this toner pad by Nip + Fab helps you achieve that radiant and revitalized glow for a healthier complexion. It is infused with Coffee Seed extract that provides a source of fatty acids and Pomegranate extract for anti-aging benefits.
This facial oil contains a botanical blend of sweet almond, rosehip, jojoba, rose geranium and pomegranate seed oil to help nourish the skin and leaving it smooth to the touch.
Powered with 70% rose water and 10% galactomyces ferment filtrate, this toner delivers a powerful moisturizing and soothing punch. The galactomyces ferment filtrate helps to regulate sebum production and tighten pores. It also contains other plant extracts from fig, gingko, mulberry and pomegranate for an added anti-aging effect.
Containing naturally derived pomegranate extract and Lycopene that has 100x more antioxidant power than Vitamin E, this serum helps to slow down aging and fight off pollution damage. It also has soybean extract that improves skin elasticity.
Your skin's quick 15-minute indulgence!
Ingredients can be hard to understand and decipher, we hope this blog has helped you in any smallest way. If you have any questions, just drop a comment down below!