Why You Should Try Argan Oil Now!
Argan oil, as indicated in the name, is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree. For those who might be curious about adding a face oil to your skincare regime, argan oil is a great start as it is safe for all skin types and lends a helping hand to treat virtually every main skin concern such as ageing skin and dehydration.
Full of antioxidants
- Argan oil is rich in antioxidants, especially polyphenols and vitamin E that help to protect your skin cells against environmental and free radical damage, which is a major culprit for premature ageing.
Fatty acids too
- 95% of argan oil consists of fatty acids that are great in nourishing and moisturising your skin, especially fatty acids like oleic and linoleum acids which are great anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oleic acids help other active ingredients penetrate easier into the skin, while linoleum acids stimulate ceramide synthesis, leading to more hydrated skin and is why argan oil is a popular recommendation to soothe irritated skin. This is because easily irritated and inflamed skin tends to have a weaker skin barrier as it allows more harmful substances to enter the skin.
Moisture is a given
- Like most face oils, argan oil will definitely moisturise your skin.
- Argan oil can prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL) as it heals the skin’s barrier due to the ceramide synthesis, making it harder for moisture to escape and preventing further dehydration. Dehydrated skin tends to lead to more skin concerns, like uneven texture and complexion, irritations and more.
- Argan oil maintains the skin’s youthfulness by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines due to the strengthened skin barrier and ceramics production (plumper and fuller looking skin).
- The vitamin E in argan oil can help lighten dark spots gradually over time.
Benefits acne-prone skin
- You might be thinking how can a face oil be beneficial for acne-prone and oily skin? This is because most acne-prone and oily skin are suffering from dehydrated skin, which is why the skin is producing more oil to make up for the loss of moisture within the skin barrier. Therefore, you need to hydrate your skin with enough moisture to let your skin get the memo that it doesn’t need to produce any more oil.
- Argan oil is also very lightweight and non-comedogenic, meaning that it doesn’t leave an oily residue, and has fewer chances of clogging your pores.
Doubles as a hair product
- Applying a couple of drops of argan oil to your hair, from the roots to the ends, can help fight dandruff, itchy scalp, mend split ends and even stimulate hair growth.
- Those who love dyeing your hair may want to get their hands on argan oil as it can help your hair colour last longer as it prevents loss of pigment. Who wouldn’t love keeping their hair colour while also maintaining moisture hair?
What to note?
- Those worried about clogged pores and excessive sebum should avoid excessive application of argan oil, or any face oil for that matter, as there will always be a risk of clogged pores depending on how your skin reacts.
- Remember every skin is different and will react differently to any product or ingredient.
Products we recommend
This formulation uses 100% pure Moroccan Argan Seed Oil extracted through a cold pressing that preserves the integrity of the oil's fatty acids, vitamins, phenols (including caffeic acid) and carotenes. The oil supports healthy skin and reduces the appearance of flaking. It also adds soft sheen and strength when applied to your hair.
“B” Oil solubilizes a purified form of micro-algae in a blend of squalane and oils of marula, argan, baobab, pataua, brazil nut, inca inchi, rosehip and borage to support healthy skin defense, to enhance radiance, to quench free radicals and to help balance pro-irritant mediators.
This nourishing hair pack provides intensive care to severely damaged hair caused by the overuse of dryers, perming and hair colorants. The ingredients of argan oil, rosehip oil and evening primrose oil make the hair texture look healthier and radiant by providing it with moisture and nourishment.