Avocado is not only great for the body but skin as well!
We’ve all had an avocado toast phase, and for good reason. Avocado as food is packed with fatty acids that improve digestion, protects against cancer, balance cholesterol levels and much more. What’s even better is that the benefits of avocado are not limited to our diet, but skincare as well. Avocado extract/oil are antioxidants packed with healthy fats, vitamins, minerals such as folic acid, magnesium, vitamin A, B6, C, E, niacin and potassium. It nourishes the skin and prevents skin damage such as fine lines, by penetrating deep into the skin.
- The fats, vitamins and minerals present in avocados help improve the skin’s natural repairing process and cell renewal process.
- A fatty acid called Lecithin is an emollient that restores hydration and helps relieve effects from chronic skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions that cause irritation, itching and redness.
- As avocado extract/oil can help to soothe the skin, the same properties can nourish dry and chapped skin and help even out skin complexion. Dehydrated skin can cause the skin to appear more uneven, wrinkly and generally less healthy.
- Biotin (part of the B complex vitamins) can be found in avocados, and biotin is known to help treat dry skin, even brittle nails and hair.
- Avocados can also boost collagen production, which leads to a more supple, plumper and youthful appearance.
Prevents skin damage
- The compounds in avocados, particularly vitamin E and C, play a vital role in protecting your skin from environmental damage (UV, pollution) and oxidative stress which can lead to the formation of wrinkles and other premature ageing skin concerns.
Reduces acne breakouts
- Avocados possess antimicrobial properties that can help prevent acne breakouts, particularly beta carotene (Vitamin A/retinol) which relieves inflammation caused by breakouts clear pores, surprisingly without any oil buildup.
- Inflamed skin means that the skin’s barrier is weak, meaning that harmful substances and more bacteria can easily infiltrate the skin, leading to future breakouts.
What to note?
Like all products, do conduct a patch test prior, especially those with oily skin as you may find your skin to be unsuitable with face oils.
Products we recommend
We are all very familiar with face masks, here are 2 great options for you to choose, both enriched with avocado extract.
This sheet mask is formulated without parabens and contains Avocado essence and is rich in essential amino acids and vitamins, providing your skin with comforting moisture and rich nourishment.
Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet - Avocado fills dehydrated skin with ample moisture. It utilizes a triple-layered cellulose cotton sheet mask comprised of a layer of 23g of avocado extract essence, a layer of the base essence and another layer of excess essence to best absorption.
An active, yet gentle exfoliating cleanser enriched with 5% glycol acid paired with a gritty mud formulation that cleans deeply and detoxifies the pores, while hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, and avocado oil help plump and nourish revealing a glowing and healthier-looking skin complexion.