Beeswax is the next bee-related buzz-worthy ingredient you should look out for!
If you have highly sensitive skin that is easily irritable, look no further than beeswax. Beeswax has been traditionally used in ancient Egyptian medicinal practices to treat burns and wounds due to its healing and soothing powers.
Beeswax is made of honeycombs produces by hives that serve to protect honey storage and baby bees. Beeswax's introduction to the skincare industry is fairly recent compared to its similar counterpart honey, but the benefits are similar. Both are anti-inflammatory and provide hydration and protection to the skin.
- Applying beeswax __ products to the skin forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface that helps to fight off free radicals and other environmental stressors such as pollution, cigarette smoke and UV rays. By preventing the damages of free radicals and the permeability of harmful substances. Hindering the process of premature ageing skin and skin irritants.
- One of the plus point to the protective layer, beeswax is also non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t block or clog the pores, allowing the skin to breathe.
- Beeswax is also high in vitamin A which helps boost cell regeneration and support overall cell health. In boosting cell regeneration, scars will also look less prominent over time.
Heals your skin
- Beeswax has been traditionally used in ancient Egypt topically to treat wounds and burns due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it is widely used in current topical treatments that aim to soothe chronic skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, sensitive skin, and even light acne.
- Its protective, restorative and antiseptic properties help to not only calm active acne but prevent future breakouts by keeping bacterial infection at bay.
Hydrating as well
- Beeswax is a humectant, meaning that it attracts water from the surroundings and seals that moisture in your skin, ensuring that none seeps out throughout the day. Resulting in soft, supple and hydrated skin that reveals a radiant complexion.
- Working to both heal and hydrate the skin, beeswax is ideal for dry and dehydrated skin as it relieves itchiness and other skin concerns associated.
What to note?
Please do conduct a patch test prior.
Products we recommend
A three in one facial mask enriched with 87% propolis extract, honey, and natural beeswax to provides intensive hydration. It can be used as an overnight mask, a wash off mask or even a moisturiser.