Hailed as the next Argan Oil, meet this multitasking ingredient
When it comes to skincare, don’t you ever just wish that one product or one ingredient can just do it all for your skin? Well, I think most skincare enthusiasts will definitely have thought about that, especially when it comes to emptying your pockets to finding the right one for your skin. If you think finding a life partner is hard, finding a life partner for your skin proves more difficult. But I think I have the answer to your struggle, and its name is Moringa.
The name Moringa may seem new to the skincare world but it has in fact been traditionally used for health and beauty benefits for centuries now. Moringa is derived from the moringa plant called Moringa Oleifera and is usually found in the Himalayan mountains, though it does grow in other parts of the world. Moringa is being praised as an all-rounder ingredient that helps to moisturize, clarify and have anti-aging benefits. All of its benefits are thanks to its rich omega fatty acids and antioxidants such as oleic, palmitoleic and linoleic acid, and Vitamin A, C and E. Another reason why Moringa is used by many brands is due to the stability and resistance of Moringa against rancidity as its antioxidants act as a natural preservative.
Soothes the skin
- Moringa possesses emollient and anti-inflammatory properties that help with the skin’s healing process against small cuts, burns or irritations. It can also be used to calm skin irritations caused by environmental threats or a chemical reaction.
Protects the skin
- Moringa, particularly Moringa oil, is rich in fatty acids with 70% of it being oleic acid. Hence, making it great for supporting the skin barrier and overall skin health, protecting against environmental threats (pollution etc) and improving its moisture retention ability.
- The combination of fatty acids make Moringa a great natural anti-aging ingredient. The antioxidants fight against free radicals and environmental stressors that can cause oxidative stress damage which speeds the aging process. The fatty acids plumps the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Both these benefits contribute to an overall more younger look.
- The structure of Moringa oil is similar to the oil naturally produced by our skin, so when applied, this helps to balance the skin without causing it to be even oilier.
- When the skin acknowledges that there is enough moisture in the skin, it will stop sending messages to the skin asking it to produce more oil.
- Moringa also has antimicrobial properties due to its rich Vitamin E, and when combined with its anti-inflammatory properties Moringa helps prevent breakouts and aids the post-acne healing process.
Stimulates cell growth
- Moringa is also rich in Vitamin A (what retinol is derived from). This allows Moringa to encourage skin cells to regenerate itself. This reduces the appearance of pigmentation, less acne and post acne-scarring.
Encourages hair care
- The amino acids and vitamins of Moringa also make it a great hair care ingredient. It can promote hair growth, supports the development of healthy hair and scalp and reduces hair loss, leaving the hair and scalp feeling rejuvenated.
What to note?
- As with most new products, we advise customers to conduct a patch test prior to ensure no sensitive or allergic reactions. If reaction occurs, cease use immediately.
Products we recommend and where to find them
VT Cosmetics Phyto Line
Products under this line is formulated to be suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin and promises to reduce skin irritation with its Special Green Care. It is great for those looking for hydration and calming tired skin caused from environmental factors. It contains Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice and Phellinus Linteus extract, including 7 plant-derived ingredients with Moringa Seed Oil being one them.
Phyto Skin: A moisturizing toner that hydrates and refines the skin’s texture for smoother and more radiant skin.
Phyto Eye Cream: An eye cream that improves the elasticity and delivers moisture around the eye area.
Moringa oil is also a great oil when used for cleansing purposes due to the fatty acid contents. This SHA Cleansing Oil is infused with 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate the skin, as well as formulated with an Anti-Pollutant formula that contains Moringa Seed Oil to protect the skin from environmental pollution.
This cleansing water has 3 functions, to gently cleanse the skin, moisturize the skin, and lastly provide anti-pollution protection. Similarly to the cleansing oil above, this cleansing water is enriched with 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid and an Anti-Pollutant formula containing Moringa Seed Oil.
A night gelly (gel+jelly) that is formulated to hydrate and repair the skin overnight. It also works to refine skin texture, plump skin and restore elasticity in the skin, improving skin radiance. The Moringa Seed Oil nourishes, strengthens and prevents dryness of skin.
This foaming cleanser is enriched with natural ingredients like Rice Water, Soapwort and Moringa Seed Oil that all help to brighten and nourish the skin. Moringa Oil helps remove impurities away by melting dirt and makeup residue on the skin.
Absolute Silk Oil Essence: This hair oil consists of Moringa Seed Oil and 4 other natural oils to help protect damaged hair while giving your hair the silkiness it desires.
Phyto Therapy Treatment: A treatment conditioner that contains 97% natural ingredients like Bamboo Water, Moringa Seed, Sage and Amica Flower to help repair broken scalp tissue, hydrate and ensure healthy hair growth.
Phyto Therapy Shampoo: Like the Phyto Therapy Treatment, the shampoo version works to keep hair and scalp healthy and hydrated.
I hope this blog has helped in any way and if you have any questions, feel free to join the conversation below and we'll do our best to answer them!