Pearl is your skin's new bestfriend for glowy and radiant skin!
We’ve all heard of the saying “Diamonds are a girl’s bestfriend” but we think that Pearls should be your skin’s bestfriend. Have you ever looked at Pearls and marvelled at how they shiny and smooth they looked, and how they seem to glisten under the light?
Pearls are believed to symbolise wealth, purity and integrity. It is also said to attract luck, protection and also wealth. As such, Pearls are considered to a prized jewel in many ancient kingdoms like China, India, Egypt and many parts of Europe. Pearls were often used in skincare and beauty practices by nobles and royalties as they believed that Pearls can result in a more youthful and beautiful appearance. For example, the Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra, and the only legitimate female sovereign in China, Wei Zetian. Other than beauty purposes, Pearls have also been used as a medicinal ingredient. In ancient China, around A.D. 320, Pearls were used as a balancing adaptogen to help calm the mind of anxiety, stress or tension. Whereas in Indian medicine, Pearls helped to calm the body of heat and inflammation and aid the digestive system.
But why are Pearls so valuable and effective? Read on more to find out the skin benefits of Pearls and why they’ve been praised centuries long.
Pearls are rich with organic salts, compounds and 30+ minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron, potent antioxidants and over 15 types of amino acids and proteins. All of which are beneficial to both the body and skin, depending on how they are used, either through supplements or topical applications.
Another reason behind the potency of Pearls is due to their biology. Pearls are born inside oysters or other shelled mollusc, and when an intruder enters the shell, like a grain or sand, the mollusc protects itself by covering the intruder with layers of nacre (the inside of mollusc shells). In short, Pearls are the self-created objects that fights against damage and irritation.
Slows down aging
- Pearls contain a rich source of antioxidants and amino acids (superoxide dismutase and glutathione) that slows down the aging process. It helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, firms the skin, and further protects the skin from deteriorating.
- Antioxidants neutralizes free radicals and tackles environmental threats than can damage the skin and quicken premature aging.
Exfoliates the skin
- Pearls carry minerals like calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate which are natural exfoliants that removes dead skin cells and impurities on the surface of the skin. This reinforces cell renewal, resulting in newer and clearer skin.
- The proteins found in Pearls possess antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that are great for treating inflamed acne and also prevent future breakouts from forming.
Evens out skin pigmentation
- A protein called conchiolin found in Pearls is extremely effective in reducing the appearance of pigmentation and discoloration caused by sun damage or general age/dark spots. It works by inhibiting Tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for melanin production. Therefore, contributing to a brighter complexion.
- Conchiolin can also hydrate the skin by helping the skin retain moisture. Conchiolin functions similarly to keratin, when absorbed into the skin it transforms to collagen and speeds up cell metabolism, repairs damaged cells and reinforced skin health and elasticity.
- Pearls are also a great ingredient for those with sensitive or easily irritated skin as it accelerates skin healing and can treat redness, rashes, burns and even mild rosacea.
What to note?
- There aren’t any immediate cautions to be wary off when using Pearl-infused skincare but as with all ingredients and products, we advise consumers to conduct a patch test prior.
Products we recommend
An antioxidant-filled oil that is formulated with Pearls to give that natural radiant glow. It can be used to give your skin the moisture boost it needs by adding it to your moisturizer, foundation, as a stand-alone product, or as a priming oil before any makeup application.
This facial sheet-mask is infused with Diamond powder and Pearl extract that nourishes your skin and leaves it looking radiant and dewy in just 20 minutes.
Apply this primer to brighten up the skin and stay glowing throughout the day. It helps your makeup stay on longer, hydrates the skin and improve adherence of your makeup products. In contains a Jewellery powder blend of Diamond, Violet Quartz and Pearl that provides a calming and moisturizing effect.
White Pearl Glowy Exfoliating Scrub: Formulated with its Pearl-Whitening complex, this facial scrub provides 3-in-1 care, it cleanses, whitens and refines the skin for fairer and clearer skin.
Pearl White Caring Whip Facial Cleanser: Infused with Pearl Serum and natural Licorice. This foaming cleanser nourishes and moisturizes the skin while deeply cleansing the skin of impurities and dirt.
Pearl White MicellAIR Oxygen Boost: Removes waterproof makeup without the need to rub and tug at your skin. It also doesn’t leave an oily residue and actually rehydrates the skin after each swipe. Made with Pearl extract and Licorice to help brighten the skin.
Extra White Pore Minimising Toner: A 3-in-1 toner that clears, whitens and refines pores for clearer looking skin. It clears impurities and reduces enlarged pores.
Extra White Repair Pore Minimiser Night Cream: Complete your nightcare routine with this night cream that repairs, whitens the refines the skin for a brighter complexion when you wake up.
We hope this article has helped you in any way. Feel free to leave a comment down below if you have any questions, or have anything to add. We'll do our best to get back to you!